Ultimate Ascent was the 2013 FIRST Robotics Competition game. Teams of three robots each collect Frisbees and shoot them into goals of varying heights. There is also a pyramid which can be climbed at the end of the match for bonus points.
Our 2013 World Champion robot ‘Taz’ was all about accuracy. Equipped with a curved track shooter, variable shooting angle adjustments, and pneumatically actuated hard stops to line up, Taz rarely missed the mark. Running on a 6-CIM drivetrain built for acceleration, Taz was able to weave through defenders with ease and achieve incredibly fast cycle times.
- 2013 FIRST Championship – Winner
- 2013 Galileo Division – Division Winner
- 2013 Waterloo Regional – Regional Finalists
- 2013 Waterloo Regional – Motorola Quality Award
- 2013 BAE Granite State Regional – Regional Winner
- 2013 BAE Granite State Regional – Excellence in Engineering Award
- 2013 RaChaCha Ruckus – “Henchmen” Tournaments Finalists
- 2013 RaChaCha Ruckus – “Slasher” Best Offensive Robot